American Microreviews: An Interview

Thanks to Kristina Marie Darling for interviewing me about F IN at American Microreviews. You can read our Q&A here
Today I'm sitting with two dogs and a laptop, trying to remember how to use line breaks, and counting words for a new project that involves both line breaks and word restraints (gasp!). To that end I've read Joe Massey's "Listening to Joseph Ceravolo's Home Recordings" about 25 times today, and I just might read it again right now: 

LISTENING TO JOSEPH CERAVOLO'S HOME RECORDINGS

In the room
of a memory

of a room.
Static

brackets each
syllable.

Afternoon
effaces the floor

while the
pills take

effect.
All I will

amount to:
the hours

these walls
enclose

as song.

* * *
Joseph Massey. Poem from Areas of Fog (Shearsman Books, 2009). Reprinted with the permission of the author. All Rights Reserved.

Comments